Feed someone's passion for fashion with adorable, edible shoes.
These high-heeled cookies are made from simple Nutter Butters, Tootsie Rolls and icing flowers. Perfect for birthday treats, bachelorette parties and especially Mother's Day!
- Louisa R. favorited Nutter Butter High Heel Cookies 31 Aug 10:47
- DocDoolittle favorited Nutter Butter High Heel Cookies 09 Aug 11:56
- crystal m. favorited Nutter Butter High Heel Cookies 04 Aug 16:21
- Liane I. favorited Nutter Butter High Heel Cookies 30 Jul 03:24
- Liane I. commented on Nutter Butter High Heel Cookies 30 Jul 03:24
- Samantha U. favorited Nutter Butter High Heel Cookies 28 Jul 23:26
- aurelas favorited Nutter Butter High Heel Cookies 26 Jul 01:10
- Nedra F. commented on Nutter Butter High Heel Cookies 22 Jul 17:04
- k k favorited Nutter Butter High Heel Cookies 22 Jul 16:45
- Eliza C. favorited Nutter Butter High Heel Cookies 22 Jul 12:39
Nutter Butter cookies
Tootsie Roll Midgees
Chocolate candy melts
Icing flowers or other edible decorations (like this, or found at baking supply or hobby stores)
Form the Tootsie Roll toes.
Soften four Tootsie Roll Midgees in the microwave (10 seconds or less). Roll them together and flatten with a rolling pin. Using a 1-1/4-inch round cookie cutter, cut a circle from the flattened Tootsie Roll.
Position the cookie cutter in the center of the Tootsie Roll circle and make another cut to form a half-moon shape.
Mold the cut Tootsie Roll over the end of a Nutter Butter cookie to form the shape of a shoe toe. Remove the shaped Tootsie Roll from the cookie and set aside. Repeat these steps with as many cookies as you wish to make.
Create Tootsie Roll heels.
Soften two Tootsie Roll Midgees in the microwave (10 second or less). Roll them together and form a heel shape with a slight angle to accomodate the cookie when it's attached. Repeat these steps until you have a heel to go with each toe.
Assemble the shoes.
Melt 1/2 cup chocolate candy melts in a microwave-safe bowl. Using a toothpick or paintbrush, apply a line of candy melt along the front rounded edge of a cookie. Attach a Tootsie Roll toe, and mold it in place with your fingers. Repeat with remaining cookies. Allow them to dry and harden. Dip the angled parts of the Tootsie Roll heels in the candy melt and attach them to the bottoms of the cookies. Allow them to dry and harden.
Add the finishing touch.
Put a small dot of candy melt on the bottoms of the icing flowers and attach them to the Tootsie Roll toes.