love shoes but hate the price tag?
Hi im not too sure if your familiar with iron fist shoes but they do the coolest heels i have ever seen, however when looking at the price tag i know its either pay a bill or buy the shoes.. needless to say the stupid bill comes first! so i decided that if i couldnt afford super cool shoes that i was going to make them! so here is a step by step project on how to make heels that wont hurt the bank balance and still make you look trendy :D enjoy
- mochacat favorited New Shoes That Your Wallet Loves! 03 Sep 23:48
- The Downtown Fiction favorited New Shoes That Your Wallet Loves! 29 Jul 01:15
- WearyWater favorited New Shoes That Your Wallet Loves! 15 Jul 21:07
- Hemophobic Vampire favorited New Shoes That Your Wallet Loves! 19 Jun 04:04
- Sarah Kim added New Shoes That Your Wallet Loves! to TO DO 31 May 12:06
- Sarah Kim favorited New Shoes That Your Wallet Loves! 31 May 12:06
- Barbara M. favorited New Shoes That Your Wallet Loves! 05 May 18:30
- Joanna C. favorited New Shoes That Your Wallet Loves! 05 Apr 03:44
- Lea F. favorited New Shoes That Your Wallet Loves! 15 Mar 21:01
- Lea F. added New Shoes That Your Wallet Loves! to to make anytime 15 Mar 20:45
so start out with a pair of cheap black shoes. not fabric or patent. just a smooth pair. make sure they fit first!!
so start off with the teeth first. if you can, get a picture of what you want to paint so you have a reference, i used a white water colour pencil to draw in the detail but with this design i vote "wing it" its a zombie after all so dont be too precise :)i found it easier to work on both shoes at the same time so when one is drying you can work on the other one
ok, so with the teeth dry start on the eye socket. use a medium brush and paint a rough outline like mine, if you make it too even it looks weird. and then paint in the eye over it just make sure its 100% dry before you so anything with the eye
i love this green paint. all you need to do here is paint a undercoat of green it doesnt matter if its streaky( which it will be) just make sure all black is covered except between the teeth, let it dry and paint over it again. it should still be a little streaky but its ok your gonna paint over it with black detail soon enough so dont panic :D
rinse and repeat for the other shoe
so this is where your shaky hand comes into play lol get your black paint and with a small brush outline the eye socket and the pink bit. and put in lines and "wrinkles" anywhere you think looks good.
do the other shoe, wait for both to dry and do the same thing on the green surface. make tears with black splodges and then thin lines are where you have done it. just watch because it is a messy job. then the last bit is to detail the teeth.dont be too precise just do what you think is right with the lines and shapes
and there you go. a cheap pair of black heels transformed into super cool zombie shoes! make sure to varnish them before you go out in them because the paint might chip!
tada :D i hope this tutorial helps you and if you need any help just leave a comment below and ill get back to you. happy crafting :D