I used the tutorial that Moonfae used to make her sock monkeys. It's a fantastic tutorial!
The only thing I did differently (and I can't remember where I saw this idea) was before I closed the stuffing hole in the "crotch", I cut a tiny hole where the arms and tail should go and stitched them together from the inside, rather than stitching them to the outside. If feels more secure that way, and my awful handstitching is less visible. Next time I might even sew it with my machine.
As you can see, I need a bit more practice with placement of body parts... But I had fun! Very easy to do, even if it did take me forever!
I think a sewing machine makes these much, much easier (and neater). If only I could figure out how to NEVER have to handstitch. It's my biggest weakness...