Because every little goth girl needs one, with a little gothic dolly to match.
Okay, I worked so hard on this.
I started out with just the coffin box. The assignment was to make a "self-portrait box," something that reflected who you were, so I decided I wanted to make a coffin. I made all the dimensions myself, cut the wood out, glued and nailed them together, painted it, put on the hinges, the latch, and the little handles, tacked in velvet lining on the inside, and painted the cross on top. That took about a month to finish. I submitted it to an art contest, but it didn't do as well as I hoped.
I didn't get the idea to create the little doll inside until the second art show. The little doll (her name is Requiem) is made out of Sculpey clay, masking tape and wire. I used doll hair for her little pig tails, and designed her dress myself. She only took a week to create. Go figure.
Anyway, I am very pleased with the outcome, and I adore it. This has got to be my favorite art project ever. Created in Sculpture III.
Created: February/March 2010
- Conner W. favorited Little Coffin Box 07 Jun 20:26
- FrankieStein favorited Little Coffin Box 16 Feb 07:00
- Rachel C. favorited Little Coffin Box 08 Apr 15:02
- Millie H. added Little Coffin Box to Organize and display 26 Mar 13:28
- Freaek favorited Little Coffin Box 26 Nov 00:59
- LillyMunster favorited Little Coffin Box 01 Nov 15:51
- LillyMunster added Little Coffin Box to Goth 01 Nov 15:51
Jaythorne posted this project as a creation without steps
Here are some similar tutorials to help you make this one!