For my next “princess” skirt for the nieces I made this ruffled one from a Barbie print curtain that my mother-in-law gave me.
- Tierra T. favorited Layered Circle Skirt 16 Nov 22:37
- Aishwarya Purohit favorited Layered Circle Skirt 22 Nov 04:43
- Dona Monstra favorited Layered Circle Skirt 03 Oct 14:06
- Aurelie L. added Layered Circle Skirt to Enfant Jupe 14 Mar 10:35
- Phoenix M. favorited Layered Circle Skirt 13 Mar 18:24
- harley r. favorited Layered Circle Skirt 16 Feb 00:20
- Linkin Logs added Layered Circle Skirt to J-fashion 14 Jan 08:10
- Rachel D. favorited Layered Circle Skirt 11 Dec 13:06
- Shaneece M. favorited Layered Circle Skirt 27 Nov 17:23
- Lauren H. added Layered Circle Skirt to Sewing - Skirts 09 Nov 05:44
I’m not saying which niece is getting this one but if any of my family are reading this they can probably guess. Shh!
It is made from three circular layers of different lengths, with gathered tulle strips sewn on the lining layers. “What?” you say, just like this:
I made a circular skirt pattern for the longest layer and marked the two shorter ones on it, then cut them all out.
Then came the elastic. I knew I would have a real problem trying to sew through 12 layers if I just folded the top over, so I joined the outer and the lining first, slipped the elastic on, then stitched a casing seam under the elastic to hold it up. Hope this makes sense, it is quite hard to explain.