Learn how to macrame: the square knot. The square knot is the basic knot you need to know when starting out with macrame.
This very basic tutorial will take you step by step to create a square knot, which is the basic knot you'll need to know when learning how to macrame. You'll need some type of cord to start with, it can be jute, hemp or even twine.
- Missing file
- Tabitha F. favorited How To Macrame 10 Feb 01:31
- Anette R. favorited How To Macrame 11 Nov 16:26
- pixiemite added How To Macrame to How To... 02 Aug 15:07
- pixiemite favorited How To Macrame 31 Jul 13:54
- flor.delgadorizzi favorited How To Macrame 03 Jun 23:19
- katzplanet added How To Macrame to Macrame 28 May 15:27
- Bridget W. favorited How To Macrame 11 Sep 02:33
- belladonna favorited How To Macrame 30 Aug 20:38
- Caley G. favorited How To Macrame 23 Jul 12:02
1. Start with four cords.
2. Bring the right cord over and to the left of the two anchor cords.
3. Place the left cord over the right cord.
4. Bring the left cord under the anchors and through the loop formed by the right cord.
5. Pull and you have the first half of the Square Knot.
6. Bring the left cord over and to the right of the two anchor cords and place the right cord over it.
7. Bring the right cord under the anchors and through the loop formed by the left cord.
8. Pull the cords and you have the finished Square Knot.
This is what your finished square knot should look like. It is recommended that you practice this knot several times before starting on a project. You want to ensure that you are able to make the same sized knot again and again (uniform knots) before starting on a project.