Ghostly MeringuesExtract from The Spooky 3D Cookbook • By P. McNally • Published by Hardie Grant Books
The Spooky 3D Cookbook
MAKES ABOUT 15 I PREP TIME 30 MINS I COOKING TIME 2 HOURS + COOLING
The Spooky 3D Cookbook, £9.99, published by Hardie Grant, available at Amazon.
© 2014 P. McNally / Hardie Grant Books · Reproduced with permission.
- Alecia B. favorited Ghostly Meringues 23 Aug 06:39
- Emma H. favorited Ghostly Meringues 27 May 13:17
- gemma.holmes.334 favorited Ghostly Meringues 22 May 20:15
- KelliDroze added Ghostly Meringues to Seasonal 27 Oct 23:18
- zoegirl221 favorited Ghostly Meringues 21 Sep 22:13
- Irene Foxy added Ghostly Meringues to Food and Drink 15 May 15:53
- Irene Foxy added Ghostly Meringues to Celebration 15 May 15:53
- Birgit added Ghostly Meringues to Dessert 06 Apr 17:02
- WhereTheWildThingsAre favorited Ghostly Meringues 25 Jan 17:26
- KelliDroze added Ghostly Meringues to Sweet 07 Jan 22:56
Preheat the oven to 100°C (210°F). Lightly oil two large baking trays and line with baking paper. Using electric beaters, beat the egg whites until soft peaks form. Add the sugar gradually, about 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until dissolved before you add more. Drizzle the vinegar over and beat briefly to combine.
Transfer most of the mixture to a large piping bag fitted with a 1.5 cm (5/8 inch) plain round nozzle. Put the remaining mixture (about 3 tablespoons) into a small piping bag fitted with a 5 mm (1/4 inch) nozzle. Using the large piping bag, pipe the mixture in a swirling motion onto the trays, making little ghost shapes about 4 cm (11/2 inches) across the base and 6 cm (21/4 inches) tall.
Using the small piping bag, pipe little arms onto each ghost (don’t worry if they look wonky). Bake for 2 hours, then turn the oven off, leave the door a jar and leave to cool completely.
Dip the base of a ghost into the melted chocolate, about 1 cm (3/8 inch) deep, and allow the excess to drain off. Dip into sprinkles, then place onto a clean sheet of baking paper to set. Repeat with the remaining ghosts. Use writing icing to makes eyes and a mouth on each ghost.