When you don't have the budget for a real dress form, make one!
I have been searching for a dress form forever, but those things are so expensive! So instead, I took an old mannequin that my mom found in the trash outside a retail store a long time ago and covered it in vintage patterns and tissue paper! It is a super easy DIY.
- Anne H. added Diy Dress Form to DECOR 29 Jun 17:37
- InterpretThat favorited Diy Dress Form 28 Feb 11:58
- Cortney R. favorited Diy Dress Form 17 Nov 21:30
- zoegirl221 favorited Diy Dress Form 21 Sep 21:16
- sarah a. favorited Diy Dress Form 10 Sep 18:39
- Mikaela_Cordero favorited Diy Dress Form 02 Aug 06:19
- Bayou Jenn added Diy Dress Form to Crafts 15 Jun 23:27
- call me buddy commented on Diy Dress Form 04 Jun 02:28
- Craffy added Diy Dress Form to Para hacer <3 31 Jan 22:41
- Craffy favorited Diy Dress Form 31 Jan 22:41
First you need a mannequin. See if any stores are getting rid of one, or ask if they ever do to give it to you!
Next you need to cover the mannequin in tissue paper with decoupage. It is very easy and fun. :) Tear little strips to make it look old fashioned.
After you let the tissue paper dry, you can now start to put on the vintage patterns. I used the front and back of the bodice and molded them to the mannequin and then I tore and placed additional patterns to make the corset-like design.
Then you’ve got a new dress form you can display in your room! :)