Cookie Dough Crispy TreatsExtract from The Cookie Dough Lover's Cookbook • By Lindsay Landis • Published by Quirk Books
Crispy treats truly are magical!
Too many adults don’t realize that their five-year-old selves were on to something: crispy treats truly are magical. Adults and kids alike can appreciate this whimsical variation on the classic, with its cookie dough swirls and chocolate chip freckles. It’s a treat no matter what your age.
Makes: 24 treats TIME: 20 minutesPosted by Quirk Books from • Published July 27, 2012 • See Quirk Books's 26 projects » © 2014 Lindsay Landis / Quirk Books · Reproduced with permission.
- Alecia B. favorited Cookie Dough Crispy Treats 23 Aug 06:47
- Emma H. favorited Cookie Dough Crispy Treats 27 May 14:33
- Heather H. favorited Cookie Dough Crispy Treats 08 Apr 21:32
- katie q. favorited Cookie Dough Crispy Treats 14 Sep 20:30
- WaterAngel added Cookie Dough Crispy Treats to Recipes 05 May 03:38
- K.T. H. favorited Cookie Dough Crispy Treats 25 Mar 02:08
- cristinakilljoyway favorited Cookie Dough Crispy Treats 26 Jan 23:49
- jessica.boulanger.10 added Cookie Dough Crispy Treats to foods 26 Jan 00:52
- D3c1an favorited Cookie Dough Crispy Treats 14 Jan 09:38
- Laura T. favorited Cookie Dough Crispy Treats 21 Dec 05:19
You Will Need
Grease a 13-by-9-inch baking pan with butter or cooking spray.
In a mixing bowl, beat together butter and sugars with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes. Add vanilla and milk. Mix in flour and salt and beat on low speed (or by hand) until incorporated. Stir in chocolate chips.
Melt butter and marshmallows together in a large saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally, until completely melted. Remove from heat and add vanilla. Fold in cereal, gently stirring until completely coated.
Press half of the cereal mixture into prepared pan. Spread with cookie dough and then top with remaining cereal, carefully pressing into an even layer. (You may find it easier to use your hands for this step; if so, generously butter them beforehand so the cereal mixture doesn’t stick to your fingers). Cut into squares. Treats can be stored, loosely covered in the refrigerator, up to 3 days but are best enjoyed within a day of making them.