Cheap, easy dog sweater made from a sock~ x-small to medium size dog only.
My dog is a Chihuahua/ Jack Russel mix. We are having a cold front right now, but he doesn't have a sweater. What could I do to keep him warm when he has to go outside?
For this, I used socks my aunt got from the first class bag from Delta. I had already cut everything before I decided to post it. The socks were higher than your ankle, so I would use maybe a sock from a pair of men's socks that come up to their shin.
*Unfortunaly, this is only for a dog size x-small to medium, depending on how big your "medium" dog is.*
- Lisa L. favorited Cheap, Easy Dog Sweater Sock 14 Sep 21:16
- Kierra O. favorited Cheap, Easy Dog Sweater Sock 13 Jul 19:55
- Kierra O. added Cheap, Easy Dog Sweater Sock to Dogs 13 Jul 19:55
- alexandraxoxo replied to a comment on her project Cheap, Easy Dog Sweater Sock 16 Mar 02:08
- nigella l. commented on Cheap, Easy Dog Sweater Sock 14 Mar 23:15
- nigella l. favorited Cheap, Easy Dog Sweater Sock 14 Mar 23:15
- Roni B. added Cheap, Easy Dog Sweater Sock to DOGGIE STUFF 14 Nov 03:17
- Roni B. favorited Cheap, Easy Dog Sweater Sock 14 Nov 03:13
- Wendy D. favorited Cheap, Easy Dog Sweater Sock 12 Aug 07:52
- vie c. added Cheap, Easy Dog Sweater Sock to alfie 09 Apr 15:03
Get your supplies.
1 (good, clean, pretty) pair of socks(I used two old socks that I didn't need anymore.)
1 pair of scissors.
For the sweater:
Cut the toe of the sock. Discard that or do whatever with it. It isn't needed.
Measure how long from the neck to the arm. I added few millimeters to it.
I also put it on my dog first, tucked his arm into the sock and measured, you don't need to this.
Mark it or not.
Make a little circle, oval, whatever.
Cut it and discard of the pieces. They don't matter. Slip it on your dog, and the sock sweater is done.
For the scarf:
Get the other sock. And make sure the hole is up.
Cut both sides down to the toe. Of course do a better job than this. This won't be used for my dog.
Put it on your dog and tie it. Cut any loose ends or leave them if they are short enough.
Now your dog will survive the short cold spree or winter until you can get them a good sweater or just keep this for them.