How To Make The Most Beautiful Paper Snowflake Ever! a spectacular - origami like - snowflake deco
Last year, my friend Vero found an online tutorial to make this beautiful winter//Christmas decoration. This year we tried to find the instructions again and they were gone :(
So we decided to do our own “How to” for this project. Note that in the end the snowflake is pretty big.
These instruction are also availiable in french on our blog : http://carottelychee.blogspot.com/2009/12/tutoriel-un-merveilleux-flocon-de-neige.htmlPosted by Carotte & Lychee from Canada • Published December 3, 2008 • See Carotte & Lychee's 6 projects »
- Maggie favorited Beautiful Paper Snowflake 24 May 04:10
- SatchelN P. added Beautiful Paper Snowflake to Paper snowflake 29 Apr 02:34
- banu added Beautiful Paper Snowflake to Papercraft 30 Mar 07:02
- banu favorited Beautiful Paper Snowflake 30 Mar 06:59
- banu commented on Beautiful Paper Snowflake 30 Mar 06:59
- Rosario F. favorited Beautiful Paper Snowflake 18 Mar 14:57
- Liza D. favorited Beautiful Paper Snowflake 09 Mar 20:19
- mary.l.norris.3 added Beautiful Paper Snowflake to Art class 05 Mar 03:31
- Therese M. added Beautiful Paper Snowflake to paper crafts 22 Feb 17:06
- Therese M. favorited Beautiful Paper Snowflake 22 Feb 17:06
This is the material you will need for this how to :)The momiji doll is not mandatory but she really did enjoy watching us!
Fold the sheet of paper into a triangle
Cut the exceeding piece of paper to make a perfect triangle
Fold the triangle again to make a smaller triangle
With a pencil, mark four equal points to guide you with your cut.
Make a cut following the length of the triangle and stop a little bit before the edge.
Make the second cut in the same direction, stopping just a few millimeters before the first cut.
Make all your cuts.
Put the triangle on the table.
Unfold it. You now have a square.
Fold the two center cuts and glue them together. Use your finger as shown in the picture, holding the pieces together for a few seconds and allowing them to dry a bit.
Turn over the square. Fold the two second cuts and glue them together. Use your finger as shown in the picture, holding the pieces together for a few seconds and allowing them to dry a bit.
Turn over the square. Fold the third cuts and glue them together. Turn over the square. Fold the fourth cuts and glue them together. Turn over the square. Fold the fifth cuts of the cut paper and glue them together.
VoilÃ ! You have the first point of your snowflake.
Repeat those 13 steps 5 more times, making in total the 6 points required to complete your snowflake.
Glue together the side part of each point to build your snowflake
Hold the paper together with you finger for a few seconds to allow the glue to dry a bit.
Glue the last side to side point.
You can use a paperclip to hold the final part. Allow the glue to dry at least one hour.
Glue the sides of three of the points and then glue the three ends together. Repeat this for the other three points. Then glue these two halves together.
Your snowflake is done.
Use a nice ribbon to hang the snowflake.