A fun (and tasty) alternative to roses for Valentines Day!
I loved the ideas for roses made out of bacon this year for V day. I think real roses are boring, and I don't generally like sticking my face in dying plant genitals anyhow. Especially for a "holiday" that's supposed to be sexy and romantic. Why not stuff your face full of piggy roses instead?! Sooo I love this idea by Ferochia. I changed it up a bit by not drilling holes in my much-loved muffin tin. Yeah. I wanted to keep using it for things in the years to come - so no holes in it for me. A simple replacement are toothpicks, which keep the bacon rolls elevated above the bottom of the muffin tin.
Preliminary steps included de-budding the fake flowers and then putting the sepals back on. Some of mine were a bit floppy so I hot glued them in place. Leave enough of the stick bit to screw the bacon roll onto when they are done cooking.
- Lesia P. favorited Bacon Roses 28 Sep 06:47
- Mable H. favorited Bacon Roses 26 Sep 06:38
- Mina favorited Bacon Roses 20 Jan 00:32
- Agnes W. favorited Bacon Roses 18 Dec 19:14
- Jinx added Bacon Roses to To-make list 20 Aug 04:53
- Evl E. favorited Bacon Roses 14 Jul 23:52
- Andrea K. added Bacon Roses to Yummy 04 May 09:45
- Weezie added Bacon Roses to Cooking 01 Apr 13:40
- pink favorited Bacon Roses 31 Mar 21:41
- Amanda L. favorited Bacon Roses 25 Mar 10:26