A fun (and tasty) alternative to roses for Valentines Day!
I loved the ideas for roses made out of bacon this year for V day. I think real roses are boring, and I don't generally like sticking my face in dying plant genitals anyhow. Especially for a "holiday" that's supposed to be sexy and romantic. Why not stuff your face full of piggy roses instead?! Sooo I love this idea by Ferochia. I changed it up a bit by not drilling holes in my much-loved muffin tin. Yeah. I wanted to keep using it for things in the years to come - so no holes in it for me. A simple replacement are toothpicks, which keep the bacon rolls elevated above the bottom of the muffin tin.
Preliminary steps included de-budding the fake flowers and then putting the sepals back on. Some of mine were a bit floppy so I hot glued them in place. Leave enough of the stick bit to screw the bacon roll onto when they are done cooking.
- Mina favorited Bacon Roses 20 Jan 00:32
- Agnes W. favorited Bacon Roses 18 Dec 19:14
- Jinx added Bacon Roses to To-make list 20 Aug 04:53
- Evl E. favorited Bacon Roses 14 Jul 23:52
- Andrea K. added Bacon Roses to Yummy 04 May 09:45
- Weezie added Bacon Roses to Cooking 01 Apr 13:40
- pink favorited Bacon Roses 31 Mar 21:41
- Amanda L. favorited Bacon Roses 25 Mar 10:26
- reblav added Bacon Roses to food 23 Mar 21:45
- colleenclaire.mccarthy favorited Bacon Roses 13 Mar 20:09
First thaw your bacon.
Then begin rolling it as tightly as possible.
This is what it will look like.
Then skewer the bacon roll with a toothpick.
Create an X using two toothpicks. Center them in the bacon roll.
Place them in the muffin tin. They won't be very sturdy, but if you are careful they won't flop over.
Bake at 350-400 degrees for 35-40 minutes. I had potatoes going at the same time so the time/temp may vary slightly.
Here they are, the untouchable grease drippings not touching the now crispy bacon rolls.
Remove the toothpicks and blot with paper towels to remove more of the grease.
Then, carefully screw them onto the flower stems and snug them into the sepals. This part was a pain. Th bacon rolls are greasy and the stems get greasy too. But have some patience. This part is the most annoying but it's the last!
Serve! Hopefully whomever you gave these to bowed down and worshipped you ;)