Whip it movie dress! Help!
Ok so I'm new to the whole dressmaking lark, but I loved the dress Ellen page wore in Whip it. After the beauty pageant where she dyed her hair blue, and when she was leaving with her mom. She was wearing a tshirt underneath and it had dull stripes in the fabric! Any ideas on patterns or tutorials?
I've never seen the movie, but if you could find an image or screen cap, I'll see what I can do.
Yeah - Its neat the way its sort of an underbust corset, but soft without boning, but has the skirt with it? Any ideas on patterns?
1. Cut out twice the shape of a well fitting top.
2. Cut out the neck line and middle part of one of your half tops.
3. Make button holes for the string. Make sure they are at the same height. -> see green dots
4. Good sides facing each other, sew the parts together. -> see purple
5. Cut out a skirt using this site: http://www.ficklesense.com/2011/09/how-to-make-circle-skirt-full-34-12-14.html
6. Put the top in the skirt, good sides facing each other, pin and sew. Tie everything off.
-> It's better to sew everything with tacking thread first. Then you try it and, when happy with the result, sew it with normal thread.
Please let me know if this little tutorial was useful. Good luck and I'd love to see the result
We'd love to know what you think - Leave your reply right away