Most of my projects are pieces of jewelry. I love to use old pieces to create something new. Almost every piece of jewelry that I make has something that has either been recycled or re-purposed.
I do like to throw a few other crafts into my spare time, so there will surely be other stuff going on here as well. I like to play around with picture frames...I love that anything can go on the wall if you frame it!
I'm not so great at "how-to" postings because I tend to forget steps or fail to take pictures. If you ever have any questions about how I created something, please feel free to ask!
A little bit about me...
My favorite color right now is purple. It will probably be different next week. I'm thinking about green as my next favorite...;)
My favorite band is 311...followed closely by Pepper, Sublime, Slightly Stoopid, Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Expendables. And pretty much anything else in that genre.
I love adult cartoons. King of the Hill and The Simpsons reign supreme!!
Food Network & HGTV dominate when I hold the remote, which is not very often. So usually what I get to watch is Phineas & Ferb (which I secretly LOVE) and shows about muscle cars (which aren't so bad after all!)
My favorite movie is Pulp Fiction. Followed closely by anything else by Quentin Tarantino. Also movies featuring Christopher Walken or Woody Harrelson.
I love to read. I'm a sucker for Charlaine Harris' Southern Vampire Series (aka The Sookie Books aka True Blood). I also love design and craft books. One of my old favorites is 1984 by George Orwell. More recently I've read and enjoyed The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffeneggar and Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert.
I collect elephant figurines. People say they are lucky...I don't feel like any of the luck has rubbed off yet, but they're cute so I'll keep 'em around.
"Be yourself, everyone else is taken"
"Experience is the name we give to our mistakes." - Oscar Wilde
Thanks for stopping by!
Find Darce on
- followed Mandibee 26 May 17:34
- followed Chelsea B. 21 Nov 16:41
- commented on her comment Hi Chelsea, Thanks for the comment on my magazine paper beads. This website is where I learned to do them http://paperbeads.org/how-to-make-round-paper-beads-metal-roller/ I've used several variations with her technique. For the paper beads that I... to Chelsea B. 18 Nov 17:12
- followed PJ 29 Sep 21:15
- followed Mariah K. 18 Sep 18:58
- followed Tanya G. 13 Sep 22:57
- commented on her comment Thanks for adding my recycled plastic beads to your faves! to Haley 26 Aug 16:01
- followed Danielle V. 26 Aug 03:25
- commented on her comment At first glance it does look like you've wire wrapped the black beads. I can see now that they're not wrapped...but still very pretty beads :) They are certainly eye-catching. Great job! to First Ever Earrings 26 Aug 02:55
- commented on her comment Everything from Iron Fist is awesome...I fell in love with the Zombie pumps. Your's are great too! to Pumps 26 Aug 02:52
- commented on her comment Great projects! I live near Normal, IL, which I see is your hometown...it's a small world :) to Interstellar Supernatural 20 Aug 15:53
- commented on her comment Thanks for adding my Alligator hemp necklace to your favorites! <3 to Linde 20 Aug 15:38
Introduce yourself »
New to the site?
Share where you’re from, what you’re interests are, what you do and which crafts you love on our introductions board!