bite-size miniature ice cream cone cupcakes
great alternative to cupcake liners. plus they look cute and you can eat them!
i tried making ice cream cone cupcakes for grandma/tritia's birthday barbeque in march. i accidentally bought the "kid cones" instead of the normal sized ones and this made me really sad because there were 60 of them. i don't know who actually buys the kid-sized ones because you can't fit a decent size of ice cream, let alone cake mix, into the dang things. nevertheless, i baked them anyway and they came out super cute. the result: bite-size miniature ice cream cone cupcakes.
i thought i'd try making the normal-sized ones today, using the colorful cones (i got the idea from a fellow blogger but can't remember who. if i remember i'll post it later). i still had leftover christmas-themed icing (lol...it wasn't even green! it was more like robin egg blue, which i prefer anyway) but i think it contrasted well with the cones (except the green cones). mom suggested i add a little bit of cream cheese to the icing to offset the sweetness, but it tasted the same to me.
despite the fact that i checked on them too much while they were baking and they caved in on themselves, they looked great once i topped them off with icing.
note to self: work on icing skills.
- Kim favorited Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes 22 Feb 18:25
- samchampagne favorited Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes 16 Dec 04:57
- lydiabun123 added Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes to Food! 13 Dec 05:11
- Cecilia E. favorited Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes 08 Oct 19:56
- Xandrianne K. added Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes to Yummy 21 Aug 15:52
- Xandrianne K. favorited Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes 21 Aug 15:52
- sheila.griffis.5 favorited Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes 04 Aug 01:23
- Abnormal Abby added Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes to Recipes 11 Jun 16:32
- itscthere favorited Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes 24 Apr 16:49
- faith m. added Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes to snacks,drinks,meals and desserts 07 Mar 02:13
once you're done mixing all the ingredients together, pour them in about 2/3 of the way into the ice cream cones.
use any cake mix you want. i used the store-bought funfetti one (you can always just add sprinkles to the cake mix).
line them all up on a baking tray and bake according to instructions. be very careful if you're using the miniature cones! they tend to topple over easily.
once they're done baking and cooled off, decorate with icing. i put mine in a ziploc bag, cut off the corner and piped it onto the cupcakes, but i'm sure some of you can do a fancier job and make them look nicer! :)