I wanted to make soaps that look like cupcakes for a gift. Now my sister told me that to make a frothy icing look on the top I should shave some off the top of a coconut-smelling soap that I bought today and heat it up in a double-boiler (or whatever works for me) and then whip it up like icing except while it is still hot, then spread it on the darker color of soap that is molded to look like the cake itself. What do you think? I am not really sure that this would work... Plus I only have premade red glycerin for the cake part.
- Dressforms for unusual shapes
- When did red food colouring become so yucky?
- I am a teen who wants to design high fashion, but have no reason to wear my creations! How do I let out this creative energy?
- The Cable Cast On - Any tips?
- confused about appliances.
- Am I the only one annoyed w/ contest entries that don't fit the category?
- Best sketchbooks?
- How would you make a tiara like this?
- Cheap gold chain
Red velvet with coconut frosting??? Yummm!!!
It sounds like it *should* work, you might as well give it a try, the worst that can happen is you need to buy another bar to use ;P
Plus once it's cooled slightly, you could sprinkle extra shavings on top to look like desicated coconut.
I'd recommend asking Monika G, she's the soap expert!! (on that note, have a look at her soaps and scrubs on her shop - they look gorgeous <3 )
i have a soap book with instructions on how to make a cupcake soap, i can write down the instructions for you if you want and send in a message or something, but it says you require white soap base im not sure if you have that or not, im defiantly no soap expert but if you would like the instructions just give me a shout!