Weird habits we all have.
I have this annoying habit (even if I say so) of cleaning a room when I'm about to eat or sleep. I suddenly get so conscious about cleanliness when I'm about to sleep and start to clear things up and sometimes I force myself to sleep even if it's dirty.
I'm so conscious about it at that time that I get annoyed by even a small piece of paper.
When I'm playing ball, every single time right before the ball is pitched, I grab the leg of my shorts and pull em up/back. I never run bases or get down in a defensive position without doing that first. Guess its how I get ready??
Lol. When I'm hitting a volleyball my left leg lifts up into a 90 degree. xD
I'm chock-full of habits ranging from the mildly annoying to the proper cray cray. I click my fingers constantly when I'm looking for something, I walk on my tip toes all the time, I have countless numbers of catchphrases and noises I make over and over... I can't do anything quietly. Yeah, I'm a pain in the butt to be around
I used to do that un-knowingly in my childhood; walking on tip toes, but then I started to get cramps so I eventually stopped.
My daughter walked on her toes for the first few months, think it was watching me tip toe about
I hate it when people point out your oddities though! My friend once pointed out how often I begin sentences with the term 'Quite frankly' and I'm now taking great pains to stop myself!
- After my first bite at supper I drink a full glass of water and I get quite annoyed when I don't get water to drink when I'm visiting someone (but I never show).
- I pull off my little toenails when I am nervous or extremely bored.
- I look at my own boobs a lot.
- I crack the bones of mu neck, back, fingers, toes and wrists.
- When I'm tired and I'm laying on the couch my legs starts making convulsions. (Grammar fail?)
- I take my shoes off before I take off my coat.
- I eat strawberries with the leafs.
- In Dutch we have a more formal word for 'you' mostly used for older people and strangers but I used it a little too much. Not that it is inappropriate or something but still a little weird.
- I must touch things. Like fabrics and stuff. I also have the weird habit to feel the need to touch animals and pick them up.
- I pick my lashes when I'm tired. I should really quit that.
I think that's it..
oh, don't pull your eyelashes! Ouch!
I don't look at my boobs a lot, but I do pat them down (like you would a pocket) when I'm looking for my phone Maybe all ladies have a weird boob quirk!
My most, top annoying habit is I speak in a silly grand English accent a lot, my friend and I have even named my grand alter ego.
I get the eyelash thing, I do that too. I don't know why but I catch myself doing it a lot.
I also can't start or finish my day without plucking the stray hairs around my eyebrows (or at least checking for them). I'm a bit obsessive-compulsive about body hair in general.
I also have a compulsive urge to touch anything that I think looks soft, whether it's someone's pet or fabric on something in a store, or even furniture sometimes. When we got a new couch several years ago I kept catching myself petting the arms because I liked the way the ridges felt.
I don't like to eat with anyone who chews loudly or bites on the silverware. I hate hate HATE the sound of loud chewing.
People have teased me for years because I talk more to my pets than I do to people. I always greet someone's pet first when I enter their house, even before I greet any other people living there usually. If someone's pet doesn't like you you'll never be able to enjoy yourself at their house.
I have to have something in my hands at all times or I feel weirdly naked, and I rub my thumb over whatever it is the whole time I'm holding it. It's usually not a problem until someone asks me why I'm molesting my keys.
I think the most annoying for everyone else is when I'm constantly correcting everyone's grammar or spelling. I think I can get a bit obnoxious about that sometimes, but I'm trying to rein it in a bit.
Yep Syeyon K, I always have to sleep in a tidy room. Even when I come home feeling really ill, I have to tidy my room before I can sleep (and it has to be PROPER tidying, otherwise I'll just have to do it again).
Whenever I'm nervous or concentrating I pick my lips, which I should probably stop, because my PE teacher is always telling me not to.
I click my fingers too, either when I'm bored or nervous. People say it's disgusting but I feel like I HAVE to do it sometimes haha
This thread is pretty interesting!
Just to say that when I say 'click my fingers' I mean like you would snap along to a beat, or if you were taking part in a West Side Story dance fight!
Although crafting and knuckle clicking go sooo hand in hand for me, especially if it's something like a papercut project and you're hand is in the same position for a while.
This thread is very comforting, it's nice to know that everyone is crazy, but I'm still the bull goose loony round here
I used to type very annoyingly. Annoyingly as in typing with too many acronyms and then I realized that it was kind of affecting my English because sometimes I would ask people what the spelling of he word 'water' was..
And now I ALWAYS type proper English with the fullstop.
I get annoyed by people who type 'frennnzz'. xD
I forgot some!
- Every now and then I have to collect something. I collect lots of things but one of the stupidest is pine fruits. I even asked friends if they could bring me one as a gift. They did. I know where all my pine fruits are coming from.
- I put stones in my mouth. Especially sea glass. It feels nice and i like the salty taste.
- I like animals so much that I don't really care whether they are alive or dead. I have dead bugs and butterflies in my room. I am preparing my mouse with a friend. Some people think it's really weird that I really love animals but also l love fur and eating meat.
- I like the smell of books.
- I think in English but I am Dutch and I make up words if I don't know the translation.
I also pat my boobs down when I am looking for them. And I hold them when I am walking down the stairs in a rush. They are not even that big or heavy or something. I think I am just really glad I'm a female.
I'm always clicking my fingers and making sounds with my teeth making a beat. XD
I wanted to learn how to beatbox but then I realized I was kinda of doing it every second of the day.
We'd love to know what you think - Leave your reply right away