Super tierd, but can't go to sleep
I'm super tired, but can't go to sleep. I think I tried every trick in the book from eating pretzels before you go to bed, to elevating my head more and nothing has worked. I'm still opened to ideas, so if you have any I would love to hear them....... and please forgive my spelling error in the title
My biggest no no is eating before bed!
That aside - I find that if I forget about being tired by starting to dream while still awake (start a romantic story perhaps). As I act though it I fall asleep at some point and continue with the story in a dream. It feels very nice to be able to live inside fantasies like this but it requires being very relaxed first so perhaps the main thing to be is relaxed and not stressed.
Try meditation or Yoga to learn to relax!
Try a chamomile or peppermint tea.
both ideas are perfect, because A. I still have all of these beautiful fairytale books that my sis gave to me when I little... well littler, and B. I'm addicted to tea and have both chamomile and peppermint tea. Thanks both of you for your wonderful ideas.
I'm having the same problem. I think it's mainly caused by stress.
Here are some tips:
- Make your mind clear before going to bed (by, for example, painting, writing).
- Make sure your room is tidy and clean.
- Make sure it's not to hot in your room and. Fresh air is healthy.
- Do not watch television, go on your computer/cell phone for an hour before going to bed.
- No coffee or caffeine for an hour before going to bed.
- Preferably no televisions/computers in your room and certainly not on stand-by.
- You can take a pill that will make you sleep better. No sleeping pill but these homeopathic ones from the drugstore with valerian.
- Lavender underneath your pillow
Sometimes I go downstairs, sit there until I get really cold, drink half a glass of red wine and go back to bed. For me it also helps sometimes to turn around in bed and sleep with my head on the other side.
I hope you find a solution soon,
Sleep well (:
Thanks I'll try it out
We'd love to know what you think - Leave your reply right away