Nail painting help & ideas please!
I've started painting my nails, but I'm rubbish. At the moment I'm just painting block colours because I can barely hold the brush without painting my full fingertip (no, really).
I was wondering if anyone has any easy designs or patterns that would look great but also be easy to do.
Do you have any nail art nailpolishes? They have a smaller brush. You can also just try and cut off a bit of a brush sometimes. I'm rubbish at it too, but it's easier with a small brush :p
just normal ones. I like the idea of a smaller brush, sounds a lot easier!
Good to know i'm not the only one who's bad. I'm sure your better than me though...
My mom paints my nails for me, I have no skills when it comes to painting my own nails
i'm pretty messy painting my nails too! but that's why pointy q-tips and nail polish remover are my best friends! hahaha! they do have nail art pens now, you just use them like a marker and can draw whatever kind of design you want. there's also these things like stickers you can buy that go right on top of your nails, and they come in a HUGE variety of patterns.
haha i cant even do blocks, so im worse than you :p
when painting the nail start with either one stoke down the middle then slowly do the right side then the left. Or start with a glob of nail polish in the middle then just kinda squish it with the brush until it covers all the nail. After painting the nail DONT TOUCH IT until like after 20 mins.
I never learn. I (re)painted my left hand and thought " oh! I'm sure it'll be fine to paint my right hand. They should be dry by now."
to make matters worse my remover is terrible. If anything it made the stuff harder. They're fine now (ish).
Even if they are a little dodgy...
I'm. . . Alright when it comes to nail painting.
I usually stick with varying sizes of polka dots - using two different dot colors and overlapping, - but when I want something different, I get out my electrical tape and make stripes
Using a clear coat and then some colored stipes looks pretty cool actually
I'm going to try the water marbling thing now.
Oh, I'm persistent/really stupid as I know it won't work for me lol.
@fetisha Got some pointy q-tips. They're my new bezzies
the marbling worked! (don't know how, but anyway)
happy painting/crafting lol
HOW did you do the marbling! Is it equal? (: I never manage to get it to work..
I'm not sure tbh...
At first it just looked like loads of messy nail varnish in a jug of water, but it turned out ok.
A few tips:
- Use bottled water. Apparently it helps because of the impurities in tap water (it's kind of worrying people drink tap water if you don't want to even use it on your nails.... I always drink bottled water because of the fluoride issue, but that's a different story)
- If at first the drops of nail varnish don't spread out (try, try and try again! lol) spread it out with a wooden skewer or something similar that you're not bothered about. If it doesn't spread out at first remove it from the water otherwise it stops the rest of the nail polish spreading out.
- Use your thinnest nail polishes that are least likely to chip. I don't know why but the least chip resistant ones just didn't spread out
- Tape around your nails so you don't get nail polish all over your fingers like me (I literally did paint my full hand with that one...)
- Watch a tutorial. Sounds silly but watching someone else do the marbling helped. Just search 'water marbled nails' or something like that.
Also the vids tell you to do each nail seperately. I didn't because it wasted loads of nail polish. As soon as you get a good 'marble' I'd just put your full hand in.
Then again my nails did turn out slightly dodgy so it's up to you
Good luck x
Thanks for the tips! :3 I did watch tutorials and all but it still looked crappy and had bubbles in it :c
i used a hair pin to put dots on to my nails was easy to do lines with it to .
crackel nail polish is a easy way to do some art without having to do anything
We'd love to know what you think - Leave your reply right away