I want to use sharpies on a piece of fabric. Does anyone know what I can use, hopefully something I have on hand, to keep the ink from bleeding. Something I can coat it with that will enable a better writing surface, keep the fabric at least semi-flexible and not allow the ink to bleed... What I do have is Mod Podge which I have not tested yet (I bet a thin coat of that would work) and that stuff that you add to regular acrylic paint to prepare it for use on fabrics. It's for a label in a purse so there is a possibility that it will someday be washed, however it's a large travel/shopping tote so I'm not expecting washing for some time.
I just happened to think... spray starch or sizing? I'm going to try it
- When did red food colouring become so yucky?
- Dressforms for unusual shapes
- How would you make a tiara like this?
- Am I the only one annoyed w/ contest entries that don't fit the category?
- Cheap gold chain
- Amazing Art: I want to make this, how would you do it?
- what's been your biggest DIY fail?
- My awesome big sister
- A crafty pen pal?