I want to use sharpies on a piece of fabric. Does anyone know what I can use, hopefully something I have on hand, to keep the ink from bleeding. Something I can coat it with that will enable a better writing surface, keep the fabric at least semi-flexible and not allow the ink to bleed... What I do have is Mod Podge which I have not tested yet (I bet a thin coat of that would work) and that stuff that you add to regular acrylic paint to prepare it for use on fabrics. It's for a label in a purse so there is a possibility that it will someday be washed, however it's a large travel/shopping tote so I'm not expecting washing for some time.
I just happened to think... spray starch or sizing? I'm going to try it
- My awesome big sister
- A crafty pen pal?
- Brocade fabric
- I am a teen who wants to design high fashion, but have no reason to wear my creations! How do I let out this creative energy?
- Best sketchbooks?
- Dark Circles - anyone have solutions?
- Anyone know how to do this?
- Canvas thank you gifts...
- what's been your biggest DIY fail?