Help!? What should I name my webshop?

Hello fellow crafters!

After long consideration I have decided to start my own shop. I've had lots of requests in the past and gave the things I made away as presents or in swaps. My friends and family are absolutely excited because now they won't have to wait for a special occasion to get gifts from me they can just buy the things they like.

I will be selling hand knitted items such as hats, scarves, mittens but also crocheted, sewn and hand sewn items like pouches, bags, bangles, cozies, plushies etc.
I know what to sell but there's just one thing... what should I name the shop?

I thought about the following names already
- 'Stumper' (It's a Dutch word. My little brother thought of that because he thinks I stumble my way through life it means something like that)
- 'Geek Love' (because most of the stuff I make is geeky and is made with love)
- 'YDS handmade'(my name initials)

I want the word to say something about the shop, it should be commercial and should stick but also has to stay close to who I am as a person.

Do you guys have ideas?

Thank you so much for reading my board post and for taking the time to reply!!! ^^;

Crafting Love,

EVEnl

Edit Delete
Moderate: Hide this post
4 replies since 15th July 2011 • Last reply 15th July 2011

What consumer do you want to appeal to? Children, teens, adults?

Edit Delete

Well, when I named my shop (Discordia's Apple), I thought of what I wanted to end up selling (soaps) and just chose the name because I was comfortable with it and it went well with my wares.

Your shop name should reflect you. Something too "professional" is going to take the comfortable, personal feel away from the items.

If your market is primarily going to be your friends and family, give your shop a really personal name... Maybe include a nickname of yours in the name of the shop.

Edit Delete

Thank you for your reply Puddytat and Monika!

I would just like to sell my items to who ever likes unique 'made with love' handmade items. I don't have to make money out of it but I just wish to share my love for crafting with others and of course continue to make things because my home is getting a little full with all the things I make. I have so many scarves, hats and mittens not being put to use...

Edit Delete

Well, whenever you do get an online shop up, I'll definitely check it out!

Edit Delete