What music do you listen to when crafting?

What do you like to listen to when you're crafting or getting inspired?

Edit Delete
Moderate: Hide this post
22 replies since 29th September 2009 • Last reply 29th September 2009

In my crafty room I have a tv/vcr combo.. I prefer background noise sometimes and the vhs tapes are like $1 each .. just finished watching Animal Farm Tongue

Edit Delete

I turn the radio on. In Holland we've got a fun radio station who talks about gossip in a funny way and it's called Q-music ^^

Edit Delete

X-Japan or Sixx:A.M.

Edit Delete

For it depends on the project; If it's something that's going to frustrate me and take a while, I'll listen to something softer like romantic film score or I'll listen to an artist I've been a fan of for years and years (currently, my go-to is JoJo and the Glee Cast) because it calms me. If it's something I'm confident about and feel won't take me long, I listen to something dancy-pop like Lady GaGa.

Edit Delete

Mostly I work on projects in the evening so I have my tv on. I watch all sorts of programs. Animal Planet, MTV, America's Next Top Model, Project Catwalk. When I work during the day I listen to Trinity (a Dutch christian-Folk band) or the radio. Sometimes I watch a DVD. My favorite DVD is Ballyhoo from The Ashton Brothers :-D Those guys are so funny.

Edit Delete

If I'm sewing I always have my earphones in becuase the noise from my machine annoys me , but when I like to watch TV so I will pop in a Two and a Half Men DVD , put my (extra extra long) earphones into the TV and listen to that when I sew.
If I'm beading I loveeee Death Cab for Cutie, and painting The Beatles!!
Is it just me and Callie or do you guys listen to diffrent stuff depending on what your doing/

Edit Delete

I usually listen to Evanescence and three days grace.

Edit Delete

Nouvelle Vague,Katie Melua,Pheobe Killdeer,Gogol Bordello,a few Sanagi songs.Anything that cheers me up.
But recently I noticed that when football starts on TV I start crafting like crazy. Happy

Edit Delete

BBC Iplayer :0) ,Joss Stone for mid afternoon slump

Edit Delete

I absolutely love Placebo and listen to them a lot while I'm creating. I also like the Offspring as they have lots of energy and sometimes a bit of old metal if I'm doing something a bit monotonous like sewing - Guns n Roses, Rasmus that sort of thing. When I'm painting its usually Placebo, Peter Murphy or Bauhaus - they tend to put me in a surreal frame of mind.

Edit Delete

It depends on what I'm doing. When I'm painting, I love the music of James Morrison - it makes the work easier somehow. When I'm scrapping or doing other paper crafts, I listen to Robbie Williams, Sia, Jason Mraz, Lenka, Jem...

Edit Delete

Hmmmm...i mostly hear metal Happy but sometimes classical aand punk music does the job!( and soundtracks from movies repo!the genetic opera is my fav!)oh and now i m stuck with Sopor Aeternus and emilie autumn i know that it isn t metal but it is so inspiring!

Edit Delete

Umm well jazz usually helps me relax and concentrate, but I love listening to Lady Gaga, and Alicia Keys too =]

Edit Delete

Usually I like something fast paced or such but if I don't want to worry about changing cd's or playlists I just turn my radio on to my favorite rock stationHappy

Edit Delete