I am Blair Cathey Stocker. I am a craft book author, quiltmaker and designer, painter, DIY daredevil, teacher and public speaker, thrift store junkie, detail-obsessed hand maker, and chief creator behind Wise Craft Handmade. My first book, named after my blog, Wise Craft: Turning Thrift Store Finds, Fabric Scraps, and Natural Objects into Stuff You Love, published by Running Press, in on store shelves now. You can read more about the book here. The projects within it’s pages exhibit my passion for reusing, repurposing materials, and remaking projects of all kinds. Telling our family’s story through the things I make, all the while. Things like men’s shirtings, thrift store jeans, hand-me-down doilies, and dinged-up furniture is all turned into functional, beautiful items for our home. Imposing the creative constraints of limited resources on myself is often what inspires me most. I get excited by unexpected color combinations, thrifted fabrics, denim and indigo, hand dyed fabrics, vintage photographs, the beautiful simplicity of Japanese Zakka, nature, and, occasionally, a little glitter. I love creating approachable, beautiful projects for my home and my family.
Find Blair S. onWebsite
- favorited See Through Picture Frames 30 Jan 04:17
- favorited Woollen Pebble Mat 30 Jan 04:17
- favorited Ring Storage 30 Jan 04:13
- published her project Knitted Swatch Blanket From My Book! 27 Aug 04:00
- published her project Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies 27 Aug 03:48
- published her project Washi Tape Garland 27 Aug 03:31
- published her project Woodburned Pendants 27 Aug 03:20
- published her project Turn An Old Book Into A Sketchbook Or Journal 27 Aug 03:03
- published her project Crocheted Candle Cozies 27 Aug 02:51
- published her project Disappearing Nine Patch Quilt 27 Aug 02:23
Introduce yourself »
New to the site?
Share where you’re from, what you’re interests are, what you do and which crafts you love on our introductions board!
Start your topic »