The Decorated Cookie
Meaghan Mountford shows us how to decorate cookies!
- Meaghan Mountford
- Washington, DC
- A mixture of cookie decorator and writer. And I have a toddler who is with me almost all the time.
What are your hobbies?
See “Favorite TV Show” and add Pinot Grigio. Or a gin and tonic. Also, Washington Post crossword puzzles. And I used to shoot pool.
What are your favorite crafts and what's your craft space like?
What do you craft along to?
I’m usually in the kitchen, so the sound of my kid asking for things and the hum of Sesame Street from the other room.
What was the first project you ever made?
Those potholder loops on the loom for Christmas gifts. Most of my crafting is kitchen-bound now, but as a kid, I tried any and every craft I could find.
What are your favorite items to make?
Making sweets that look like other things, like cookies decorated as washing machines.
Which other craft blogs do you love to read?
Is there anything else you'd like to add?
I published my book, “Cookie Sensations,” on the art of cookie decorating back in 2007. I’m working on another big project now, but I’ll have to wait just a wee bit longer to share those details.
Well, “bake” more than cook. And I dabble in most of the other crafts, but not exceedingly well. Usually for an end purpose, like fixing up my house or for gifts.
What's your favorite...
- TV Show
- Impossible. I love TV. I have favorite shows by decade. But for the sake of the space here, I’ll say 30 Rock, Gilmore Girls, Lost and Eastenders. Plus any dancing reality shows.
- Pre-Kid: Fugazi, Sebadoh, Radiohead… Post-Kid: Laurie Berkner and anything with the ABCs on the songlist.
- The Wizard of Oz. No, When Harry Met Sally. Maybe The Breakfast Club. I also love Girls Just Wanna Have Fun (a classic). Way too hard to decide this one.
- His Dark Materials trilogy by Philip Pullman
- Blue. Always has been, always will be.
- Macaroni and cheese, but I’m very particular about my macaroni and cheese. I have a pretty discerning palate for this one food.
- Craft Shops In Your Town