Author of Sewing Green
- Betz White
- Designer, author and blogger
What are your hobbies?
Thrifting, crafting, nature hikes with my kids.
What are your favorite crafts and what's your craft space like?
What do you craft along to?
Craftsanity, Craftypod, This American Life Podcast, The Moth Podcast, Radio Lab and Wait wait Don't Tell Me.
What was the first project you ever made?
1st knitting project (circa 1970): a sparkly pink purse. 1st sewing project (circa 1980): raspberry fleece mini skirt and batwing top
What are your favorite items to make?
Sewing with repurposed materials such as felted wool sweaters and vintage linens. Knitting hats and scarves.
Which other craft blogs do you love to read?
Is there anything else you'd like to add?
Check out my latest book, Sewing Green: 25 projects made with repurposed and organic materials!
You can find out more about Betz on her website or read our review of Sewing Green here.
Make sure to follow Betz White on
What's your favorite...
- TV Show
- Project Runway, The Office, The Daily Show
- They Might Be Giants, Jonathan Richman and the Modern Lovers, The Talking Heads
- New York
- The original Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, Shawshank Redemption and any 80's John Hughes movie.
- I love craft books and how-to books.
- Craft Shops In Your Town