A moist and delicious swiss classic cake which tastes even better on the second day.
- Len favorited "Zürcher Pfarrhaustorte" 19 Apr 23:46
- Emma H. favorited "Zürcher Pfarrhaustorte" 17 Jan 20:33
- LoupLou added "Zürcher Pfarrhaustorte" to baking 06 Jan 20:49
- ale_corason favorited "Zürcher Pfarrhaustorte" 05 Jan 01:13
- Rachel's Craft Channel favorited "Zürcher Pfarrhaustorte" 03 Jan 18:18
- Mara published her project "Zürcher Pfarrhaustorte" 03 Jan 09:00
You Will Need
For the short crust mix all ingredients and knead until smooth. Wrap in clear film and rest in the fridge for about an half hour.
Meanwhile grease a 26cm big springform pan and sprinkle with some flour or breadcrumbs. Roll out the dough a few millimeter thin and cut out a big circle using the side of your springform pan. Cover the bottom of the springform pan with it. Form the remaining dough into a reel, place along the inner side of the springform pan and press 3 cm up the side. Prick the bottom a few times using a fork. Put in the fridge again.
For the filling mix all ingredients except of egg whites and salt. Beat egg whites with salt until stiff. Fold in the nut apple mixture. Spread on the short crust. Preheat the oven to 180° C.
Peel, quarter and core the apples. Then cut deep cracks in them but be careful to not divide them. Place on the nut apple mixture with round side up and press slightly down. Brush the apples with red currant jam.
Bake the Pfarrhaustorte in the hot oven for about 60-80 minutes. Test the apples with a skewer. They should be soft, which depends on the size of the apples. Remove from the oven and leave to cool on a cake rack. Remove from the springform pan and dust with icing sugar before serving.