halloween is coming up
I decided to try my hand at some sfx makeup. Pretty happy with how it turned out.
1. cover face in pale makeup; i used my own foundation, a little of white, brown, and green. (add fake skin if you'd like)
2. Contour with a dark brown or black and blend out; you want the sunken look.
3. Start to hollow out the eyes with dark rust, browns, black. I also added a little yellow grease paint at the end. Also don't forget your ears and neck, or any part that will be showing. I wasn't going anywhere so ignore me..
4.Using spirit gum or liquid latex apply toilet paper to your face.It gets messy and will tear but that's fine!
5. Cover the edges with your face color to help it blend in. Next cover it with a base red.
6. I used darker reds wherever i felt like, sweeping black eyeshadow lightly over the whole thing helps to make it realistic.
7. Next i used some lipsticks/grease paints/lip glosses to make it look more realistic.
8. Keep adding colors until you achieve the look you want for both the face and gore.
9. You could use a bit of thick fake blood on top of the gore,,or like me use more lip gloss and eye drops!
10. I also added some creepy looking veins with a mix of dark purple and blue eyeshadow. Don't go crazy with them or you'll look crazy..in a bad way.
Just play around with the makeup and give yourself enough time to do it right. Make sure you blend our harsh lines. Oh, and have a great Halloween.