Easy to make and forever useful!
These zippered bags are great - they can be used for storing all sorts of things, they don’t use much fabric to make and are fairly easy to make. These bags are for sale in my Folksy and Etsy shops - but if you fancy giving it a go yourself here is the tutorial!
- Whitney I. favorited Zippered Bag Tutorial 12 Aug 09:09
- Miss_Fit favorited Zippered Bag Tutorial 09 Jul 00:17
- SecretBatcave entered his project Zippered Bag Tutorial to SINGER Dress Form Contest 23 Apr 07:13
- etabastet favorited Zippered Bag Tutorial 27 Jan 10:15
- Elizabeth T. added Zippered Bag Tutorial to For Future Reference 08 Jan 22:24
- WaterAngel added Zippered Bag Tutorial to Gifts 07 Oct 20:42
- Tina L. favorited Zippered Bag Tutorial 21 Jul 04:10
- Miss_Fit added Zippered Bag Tutorial to Purses, Bags, and Wallets 17 May 22:54
- WaterAngel added Zippered Bag Tutorial to Accesories 04 May 19:27
- Mileanel added Zippered Bag Tutorial to To-make list 12 Apr 19:02
Things you will need:
1) Fabric - Cut 2 rectangles
2) Lining Fabric - Cut 2 rectangles
3) Interfacing (optional)
4) Felt cut into any shape you like (I chose an elephant for this bag)
5) Zipper - 6 inch
6)Sewing Machine (with zipper foot if you have once)
NB. This tutorial makes a bag 18cmx15cm. You can use this tutorial to make zippered bags any size. Just remember to make sure that you have an appropriate sized zip and to add a 1cm seam allowance when cutting your fabric.
Step 10: Make sure that the zip is at least half way open (this is to allow you to turn the bag once it is sewn together). Pin the open end of the zip together to keep everything in line whilst you are stitching.
You then need to pin the two main pieces of fabric and the two lining pieces of fabric (right sides together). It should look like this photo.
Then stitch all the way around the edge leaving a 5 cm gap in the lining to allow you to turn your bag to the right side.