bulky. quick. easy to memorize. what else do you need!
this bulky cotton cowl will be great for those cool summer nights by the fire. it features a simple cable repeat pattern to create columns of zig zagging knit stitches.
knits up quickly. would make a great gift.
finished measurements :
10 in height
23 in circumference
7 sts x 20 rounds = in cable pattern lightly blocked
6.1 oz of a bulky weight yarn (cotton for summer; wool for winter)
i used a reclaimed 10ply cotton yarn in orange but i think that it would look great in knit picks new billow yarn
us 9 (5.5mm) 24 in (or smaller) circular needles to obtain gauge
- Missing file
- zigzaguear_cowl.pdf 507 KB [ Download ]
- Pimke added Zigzaguear Cowl to Strickmuster 10 Feb 13:26
- srslyjc favorited Zigzaguear Cowl 19 Jul 20:33
- Miss_Fit favorited Zigzaguear Cowl 01 Jul 19:41
- Len favorited Zigzaguear Cowl 16 Feb 03:41
- nigella l. favorited Zigzaguear Cowl 16 Dec 18:51
- Victorian Dreamer favorited Zigzaguear Cowl 30 Nov 05:29
- zoegirl221 added Zigzaguear Cowl to kniting crochet 15 Sep 21:06
- Teresa Boy. added Zigzaguear Cowl to Wishlist 06 Sep 03:39
- anna margaret b. favorited Zigzaguear Cowl 22 Jul 13:06
- Stephanie T. favorited Zigzaguear Cowl 15 Jul 13:05
CO 84 sts. Join for working in the round; placing a marker at the beginning.
Repeat round 1 of the cable chart 7x; reading the chart from right to left the whole time.
Repeat rounds 1 through 16 of cable chart a total of 3 times.
Bind off removing marker. Cut the yarn leaving at least a 6 inch tail. Weave in all ends.
Lightly block or wear as is.