sweet yummy potatoe candy!!
this is a very simple, but very popular treat. this recipe makes a pretty large amount depending upon how thin you roll out the dough.
if anyone wants more indepth pictures let me know!
- Alice N. added Yummy Potatoe Candy!! to Cooking 09 Mar 22:49
- Shantelle t. added Yummy Potatoe Candy!! to food!! 08 Dec 16:30
- HylianWriter534 added Yummy Potatoe Candy!! to To-Make List (Food) 08 Mar 20:58
- HylianWriter534 favorited Yummy Potatoe Candy!! 26 Feb 06:29
- JJ J. favorited Yummy Potatoe Candy!! 29 Nov 18:38
- BlauPiepmatz favorited Yummy Potatoe Candy!! 14 Aug 07:35
dice up potatoe to pretty small pieces. no need for perfection they are just going to get smooshed! place in pan of water and boil until very very soft.
optional- you can peel the potatoes if you want, but once they start to boil the skin is just going to fall off anyway.
once potatoes ae falling apart soft remove from heat and drain. in the same pan begin to smoosh the potatoes till there are no chunks left.
add the teaspoon of vanilla extract. then slowly begin mixing in the powdered sugar a cup or so at a time. this will take the entire bag of sugar by the end. so save alittle to roll the dough on!
once the dough becomes a good tough consitancy, portion out into smal balls. with a rolling pin very carefully, because they will stick!, roll our the dough balls into flt rectangle shapes as large as you want. typically 5x8 inch portions work the best. continually flip these pieces over while rolling to prevent sticking to the counter.
next spread a thin coat of peanut butter over the entire piece of dough. you are now going to grab one of the shorter ends and begin to carefully roll the dough up like a jelly roll.