MAKE YOUR OWN MOMOS.....YUMMY ONES!!!!!
FOR THE MOMOS(VEG).....
Ingredients (makes 10-12)
All purpose flour/ maida 3/4 cup
Water As needed
Salt 3/4 tsp
Oil 2 tsp
Finely chopped cabbage 1 cup
Finely chopped Carrot 1/4 cup
Finely chopped garlic 1 tblsp
Spring onion 4 –5 sprigs
sugar 1/4 tsp
Pepper (black) 1/2 tsp
Soya sauce 1 tsp
Salt 1/2 tsp
Oil 1 tblsp
FOR THE DIP(TOMATO GARLIC CHUTNEY)......
Tomato 2 big (ripe)
Garlic 10 – 12 flakes
Salt as needed
Sesame oil 1/8 Cup + 2 tblsp
- Kimya J. favorited Yummy Momos <3 09 Jun 02:44
- Pimke added Yummy Momos <3 to Essen 03 Mar 14:28
- Tess added Yummy Momos <3 to food 03 Jun 21:26
- buttercup303 added Yummy Momos <3 to Asian cuisines 02 Jun 08:49
- Maxine M. added Yummy Momos <3 to To-make list 06 Apr 19:37
- iscrafte added Yummy Momos <3 to Om nom nom! 25 Dec 14:53
- iscrafte favorited Yummy Momos <3 25 Dec 14:53
- Shantelle t. added Yummy Momos <3 to food!! 08 Dec 14:32
- Beth R. added Yummy Momos <3 to momos 02 Sep 18:17
- Lastie favorited Yummy Momos <3 28 Aug 15:33
FOR THE MOMOS(VEG)....
Mix flour, salt and oil in a bowl and add water to make a smooth pliable dough. Just like our poori dough. Keep aside covered.
Heat a pan with oil, add garlic, and finely chopped white part of the spring onion. Give a stir in high flame. Add the chopped veggies, sugar and fry in high flame for a minute.
Add salt, pepper, soy sauce and mix well. Lastly add finely chopped green part of the spring onion and mix for a minute in medium flame. Switch off and keep aside.
I rolled the dough into a big disc and used a big lid to cut into smaller discs. After that I again roll to make it more thin. Keep some stuffing we prepared in the middle.
Fold it to make momo shapes. refer my video – click here. Though I have not made it perfect, it can help first timers like me :)
Steam it in a steamer spaced properly, for 5 minutes.
FOR THE DIP(TOMATO GARLIC CHUTNEY).....
Chop the tomatoes roughly, peel and Crush the garlic little.Grind the tomatoes in a mixer to a smooth paste without adding water.and then add this to the ground tomato and again run 2-3 times (use Juice/inch option),taking care to not to grind it smooth..Garlic should be visible as little little bits.
Heat the gingelly oil(nallennai),preferably in a flat broad pan...really really hot,till it fumes.Add the ground mixture and stir well. Let it boil only for a minute and by this time the colour would have changed and the oil should have separated.
Put off the stove and transfer to the serving bowl!
YUMMY....SERVE THE MOMOS WITH HOT TOMATO GARLIC CHUTNEY