a oh-so-yummy treat for a hot summer day!
Alright so it's 30 something degrees outside and you're THIRSTY. but traditional icy cold H2O doesn't cut it for you, you want something sweet, cold & you want it snappy! Well, i might just have that something for you :-)
- KozmicBlues added Yummy Lassi (Milk Shake.) to Mmmm Baba 19 Feb 19:15
- Claire M. favorited Yummy Lassi (Milk Shake.) 30 Dec 01:02
- Zombie Babe favorited Yummy Lassi (Milk Shake.) 19 Oct 08:24
- bovdwal added Yummy Lassi (Milk Shake.) to eten 28 Jul 18:30
- Risa.Hanae (JapZilla) added Yummy Lassi (Milk Shake.) to Drink Recipes 18 Feb 02:13
- Tai P. added Yummy Lassi (Milk Shake.) to food 06 Jan 05:46
Now for those of you that don't know what Lassi(Lass-eeh)is, it's kind of like a milk shake gulped down like no tomorrow in the middle east (India & Pakistan more specifically) and that may be all fine and dandy, but what you need to know is that
-you can make it in under a minute (holy cow right?)
- You don't have to use the blender ( whoa.)
-And it is DEE-LICIOUS !
Now whip out your mug & just pour the yogurt into the mug until the center
(more or less, doesn't need to be precise)
Now, just throw that idea of a diet OUT the window and whip out some sugar. You can use a little, or a lot, it really just depends on your taste
I like my Lassi extra sweet, so i use about 2 teaspoons of sugar.
For those healthy-mama's, you can always use honey -_- it won't be as great...
And woila! There you have it.
A simple no-work
Drink away lovviess.
Oh but what's that you say ? You don't HAVE any plain yogurt on hand? Well you can always experiment, try different yogurts & blend in fruits
At my house, we have cans & loads of mango pulp which we use in place of the yogurt. You end up with a MANGO lassi.
The possibilities are endless really.
You can add pistachios ( & ruin it...:( if you're like me...)
You can cut little fruit pieces on top
Really, don't be afraid to experiment.