Taking old and new bottles and re-purposing them is so fun! So many different ways to alter them. Let me share with you one of my favorites.
- Rebecca M. favorited Altered Bottles 14 Jun 18:47
- boreidesigns favorited Altered Bottles 09 Apr 22:29
- Len favorited Altered Bottles 12 Feb 21:54
- Kerrie K. favorited Altered Bottles 02 Feb 14:44
- Cara B. favorited Altered Bottles 15 Jan 18:19
- Grimgirl101 favorited Altered Bottles 07 Nov 16:41
- Nikki D. favorited Altered Bottles 03 Nov 20:36
- Tracey G. favorited Altered Bottles 13 Oct 02:10
- Linzy A. favorited Altered Bottles 07 Sep 20:59
- Reilane favorited Altered Bottles 01 Sep 20:57
Take glass bottle and wash it well. Get all of the labels off of the bottle.
Spray the bottle with primer paint and allow to dry.
Take your acrylic paint or spray paint and paint the bottle allowing it to dry.
I added another layer of paint with my paint brush to give the bottle a unique look. Also be sure to let this dry before moving to the next step. Optional: use some gold leaf rub n buff to the bottle as well to give it a vintage feel.
Take your scrapbook paper (if your bottle has any inserts) trace your paper to fit the opening. Example: where I put the frog paper
Take the lace and adhere around the neck of the bottle. Then take the ribbon and tie around the neck of the bottle. (I used my hot glue gun to adhere the lace to the bottle)I also added a large crystal to the knot of my ribbon to allow it to dangle. I added a fun crown (using the hot glue gun) embellishment to the paper to give it a fun vintage feel.
Add any sentiments or titles to your project.