Keep your yarn rolling
I saw one of these for sale on the internet, it was cut out of wood, and was a bit ugly. So I figured I could make my own from a cardboard box :)
I turned out pretty well for just making it up as I went!
- Jen S. favorited Yarn Spool Box 03 Mar 00:34
- Sandy N. favorited Yarn Spool Box 15 Nov 23:13
- Sofia favorited Yarn Spool Box 10 Oct 18:10
- Jenn favorited Yarn Spool Box 26 Jun 16:37
- patricia o. added Yarn Spool Box to Organizers 06 Feb 14:58
- Jodie P. favorited Yarn Spool Box 21 Oct 19:26
- Quinetta J. favorited Yarn Spool Box 22 Feb 19:32
- jodi r. favorited Yarn Spool Box 23 Jan 00:48
- IntrepidMoose favorited Yarn Spool Box 16 Jan 23:17
- Wania C. favorited Yarn Spool Box 14 Dec 23:56
On the short sides find the very middle of the side, then draw a straight line up to the top of the box. From there measure toward the BACK of the box 1 inch. Then dram a line from 1 inch back down at an angle to the middle of the side, cut out a sliver there.
(of course you can just look at the picture and estimate on yours if you want.)
Now you can paint your box whatever color you like! I did mine grey, and it took a few coats of paint, letting it dry in between.
Then use your glue stick and scrapbook paper to decorate the box all over.
To make it extra polished use decorative tape to cover all the rough edges of the cardboard.