A Beginner's Guide to Machine Sewing
This pretty skirt is as easy to wear as it is to sew using thick, woollen fabric for the winter and light, floral fabric for the summer.
Pattern size 10, 12, 14 and 16
Pattern with hems not included, add 5mm (¼in) for the seam allowances
- 101786_2F2014-05-16-062328-A+Beginner_27s+Guide+to+Machine+Sewing+template.pdf 298 KB [ Download ]
- shari.martin2 added Wrapover Skirt to Skirt patterns 23 Jan 23:10
- Emma added Wrapover Skirt to Going to make 26 Apr 19:59
- bkind2me08501 favorited Wrapover Skirt 27 Jul 16:53
- Sandie E. favorited Wrapover Skirt 04 Jul 17:02
- Jessica B. favorited Wrapover Skirt 01 Jul 13:37
- Emma H. favorited Wrapover Skirt 30 Jun 22:24
- Lisa M. favorited Wrapover Skirt 30 Jun 16:58
- Steph. commented on Wrapover Skirt 23 Jun 20:52
- Search Press published her project Wrapover Skirt 16 May 06:21
Reproduce the pattern on paper. Cut out the pattern pieces using paper scissors.
Mark the names of the pieces carefully on the paper pattern.
Add the markings for the darts.
Place the pattern pieces on to the grey woollen fabric following the line of the grain.
Cut the fabric level with the pattern for the edges specified as raw edges. Remember to fold the fabric for the back pattern piece along the fold line.
NB: The pattern does not include hems. The seam allowances are not taken into account on the paper pattern.
Oversew the three pieces of fabric.
Mark and sew the darts.
Place the fronts and back of the fabric right sides together. Sew 5mm (¼in) from the edge.
Iron the seams flat.
Put the bias binding in place. Sew.
Fold over the bias binding and sew by hand. Leave excess bias binding on the front edge for tying the skirt.
Sew the press studs on the inside of the skirt in the position marked on the pattern. Turn the garment through.