A thrifted wool skirt recon'd into a cute puffy high waist skirt <3
For Christmas, I was given money to go out and thrift shop, so I did.
I found this really long and slightly stained elastic waisted wool skirt for $0.75 (sorry, no before pictures).
I only wear high waist skirts because they accentuate my body better. So, the first thing I noticed was that the elastic in the skirt was way too loose, so when I opened the casing, the elastic was extremely brittle. I replaced it with some brand new, 3/4 inch elastic and re-closed the casing.
Then, I put the skirt on inside out and marked where I wanted the skirt to end, leaving around a 1/4 inch for seam allowance.
Then, I folded it up, and did a basic cross stitch at the bottom, making sure to do a double locking stitch every 6 inches, to ensure that when I inevitably snag it on something, the entire hem doesn't come undone.
- Xfluffy_unitatoX favorited Wool Skirt Reconstruction 19 Nov 18:06
- Zombie Babe added Wool Skirt Reconstruction to new wardrobe 03 Oct 08:24
- Zombie Babe favorited Wool Skirt Reconstruction 28 Jan 11:00
- grace.green.798 favorited Wool Skirt Reconstruction 09 Sep 00:21
- Theresa A. favorited Wool Skirt Reconstruction 07 Sep 02:21
KatieLikeMe posted this project as a creation without steps
Here are some similar tutorials to help you make this one!