Woodburning Virgin- Runes
Hi, all. This is the first project I am posting. I study the "Viking" Runes, and when I first started, I decided to make my own set. Basically, I bought a wood burner and some little round wood pieces from Hobby Lobby and after a little practice with the burner, I made this set of runes. I drew the runes with a pencil first because I'm no good with free handing. It's my first wood burning project. I have several more to come. Skål!!
I don't have pics of this process, as it was a ritual for me, and I don't normally take pics during my rituals ;) But I described it the best I could!
- Sarah Sylvia S. favorited Woodburning Runes 19 Jul 02:36
- Robbin B. added Woodburning Runes to Class Perfect 09 Aug 12:05
- Wyldshadow favorited Woodburning Runes 04 May 01:48
- Alex Z. added Woodburning Runes to Интересное 24 Apr 19:26
- Evelyn M. favorited Woodburning Runes 28 Mar 18:37
- Meurramya C. published her project Woodburning Runes 13 Feb 14:54
Gather 24 (or more if you want to practice) wood pieces. They're best if they're harvested from fallen branches, but since I don't have a saw, I purchased mine from Hobby Lobby.
Using a pencil, draw each rune on one side of the wood piece.
Using a small tip, trace the pencil with the wood burner to burn the image into the wood.
You can also carve and fill the carved runes with paint, but that requires sealant. I prefer to have as little chemicals as possible on my runes. I realize how douchey that sounds, but hey. It's how I feel.