Green wire necklace
love the Celtic designs so i decided to make a necklace :P hope you enjoy :) sorry i don't have any pictures i never think "hay i'm going to make a tutorial" when i start something i think "hmm I've got an idea" and off i go lol
- FreeCountrySpirit favorited Wire Celtic/Elven Necklace 08 Feb 06:27
- Key West Witch favorited Wire Celtic/Elven Necklace 05 May 07:02
- VillainousNinja added Wire Celtic/Elven Necklace to Elf 21 Sep 01:56
- Sarah Sylvia S. favorited Wire Celtic/Elven Necklace 20 Jul 05:58
- Pauline L. favorited Wire Celtic/Elven Necklace 14 Jun 22:10
- veronica f. favorited Wire Celtic/Elven Necklace 10 Feb 18:23
- Kathy C. favorited Wire Celtic/Elven Necklace 06 Feb 07:13
- asia.pearce favorited Wire Celtic/Elven Necklace 20 Jul 04:01
- Sandy B. added Wire Celtic/Elven Necklace to jewelry Creations 28 Jun 14:00
- Sandy B. favorited Wire Celtic/Elven Necklace 28 Jun 14:00
after they are all cut and laying where they need to go take a hammer and hit them where they are overlapping so that you are pushing the top wires into the bottoms and it will lay flat. now you are ready to secure it all.
here is where your method will vary. you can either take wire and wrap it around the pieces where they join to secure them or solder or if you are like me i just used hot glue ON THE BACK(yes i know i may have to re glue it a few times but so far it has stayed together and i am horrible at wire wrapping and im not going to even attempt to solder :P. if you use hot glue make sure you have a tooth pick and work fast to make it flat. now it should be in one piece
now that it is together you can:
add beads with small wire:
wrap wire over one side. add a bead. wrap wire over the other side. i did it top to bottom but it will vary with your design.
Add a stone to the middle:
For my stone i took a clear stone like you use in vases etc and painted it with silver sparkle nail polish. let it dry. painted it with green nail polish. let it dry and added another coat of green.
or you could buy any stone you would like really
take the stone and hot glue it onto the wire.if your wire isn't big enough or sturdy enough for your stone then you may have to take a piece of felt and glue it over the back of the wire and over the back of the stone.
add whatever you want really have fun with it :D
take jump rings or in my case i used rings for making chainmail jewelry because they were kind of greenish and secure them on either side of your necklace. take a chain and fit it the length you want it. cut it in half and put one side on one ring and one on the other. put the clasps on and then wear your new jewelry out :D