Comfort food that's healthy; is there such thing…. yes and its delicious.
To me, this is the epitome of "Comfort Food": Cream Cheesy Pasta Shells, warm and gooey… nothing could be better. This Macaroni and Cheese is simple and wholesome, made with Wheat Pasta and Organic Cheese, butter and milk.
1. Cook and Drain Pasta and set aside.
2. In Large skillet, melt butter.
3. Add Flour and stir until butter is observed.
4. Add Milk and stir until evenly blended.
5. Add cheeses and green onions (set aside a teaspoon of green onions for garnish) and stir well.
6. Pour over Pasta shells and mix well.
7. Pour Mixture into a serving dish and top with Green Onion to garnish.
8. Serve and Enjoy.
Note: This can be baked if desired, but it is not necessary; I prefer to serve it right up as is. It comes out with the perfect texture. If you desire to make this ahead, and then bake it; cook the pasta to slightly underdone, and add an extra 1/2 cup milk to the Cheese Sauce, as it will thicken with the pasta as it bakes. Bake at 350 until bubbly; approximately 20 minutes.