Truly Scrumptious Natural Sweets
Pop in one of these tempting treats and it will melt in your mouth, with the subtle zing of zesty orange. If you like, dip the truffles in melted white or semisweet chocolate to give them a hard coating.
Makes about 30 truffles
- Aishwarya Purohit favorited White Chocolate Orange Truffles 21 Dec 07:52
- mahi.khan.9883739 favorited White Chocolate Orange Truffles 05 Aug 16:40
- Nina H. added White Chocolate Orange Truffles to To Do list 13 May 21:16
- Stephanie W. favorited White Chocolate Orange Truffles 14 Apr 18:30
- char53lie added White Chocolate Orange Truffles to Food 03 Apr 19:37
- Temperanceluvr favorited White Chocolate Orange Truffles 29 Mar 02:13
- heartshapedteen added White Chocolate Orange Truffles to Food 28 Mar 20:19
- Suzi T. favorited White Chocolate Orange Truffles 28 Mar 18:22
- acid favorited White Chocolate Orange Truffles 27 Mar 11:31
- Maria J. favorited White Chocolate Orange Truffles 27 Mar 08:24
Put the cream and orange zest in a small saucepan and heat gently until it starts to simmer. Remove from the heat, cover, and leave to infuse for 30 minutes.
Place the chocolate chips in a large bowl, and sit it over a saucepan of simmering water to melt, stirring frequently.
Once the chocolate is melted, warm the cream again briefly, then stir into the chocolate until the two are combined.
Cover the bowl and leave it to cool, then refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper, then spoon balls of the chocolate mixture onto it, making each ball about the size of a walnut.
Put the sheet of truffles into the freezer for 2 hours. Remove from the freezer, then dust your hands with the confectioners’ sugar and roll each truffle gently into a smooth ball. Gently press them back onto the tray to give them a flat base, then return to the freezer for another 2 hours to firm up.
Don’t use the best-quality chocolate that is high in cocoa solids for this recipe – the truffles will set better if you make them with ordinary chocolate chips. Store the truffles in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.