Caramel donuts with a kick of whiskey!
Baked vanilla donuts doused in.. you guessed it, whiskey caramel and whiskey glaze!
- Sierra H. favorited Whiskey Caramel Doughnuts 18 Mar 02:32
- Emma H. favorited Whiskey Caramel Doughnuts 27 Feb 21:21
- AlterEgo Designs favorited Whiskey Caramel Doughnuts 19 Feb 16:03
- AlterEgo Designs added Whiskey Caramel Doughnuts to recipes 19 Feb 16:03
- Connie Z. published her project Whiskey Caramel Doughnuts 14 Feb 09:00
You Will Need
For the donuts
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a small bowl, sprinkle the yeast over the warm water and set aside.
In a medium mixing bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
In another bowl, whisk the eggs, sour cream, melted butter, vanilla paste, and yeast mixture until well combined.
Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until completely incorporated.
Transfer the batter to a disposable piping bag and pipe into donut pan.
Bake the doughnuts until puffed and golden, about 12 minutes.
Remove from the oven and cool the doughnuts completely.
Whisky Vanilla Glaze
Melt butter in a large bowl in the microwave
Stir in SIFTED powdered sugar until you reach a smooth paste consistency
Mix in heavy cream and milk until you get a smooth liquid
Add vanilla bean paste and whisky to taste