Make a unique garter that reflects you on your special day
I didn't want a pre-packaged garter for my wedding ensemble, so I made my own!
- Key West Witch favorited Wedding Garter 05 May 07:50
- jackie c. added Wedding Garter to Wedding 08 Feb 14:04
- Caroline W. added Wedding Garter to sewing 14 Mar 23:36
- Amara Ann favorited Wedding Garter 30 Apr 19:34
- Louisa R. favorited Wedding Garter 17 Nov 02:48
- kimberleyann.black.3 favorited Wedding Garter 20 Oct 21:50
- Layne H. favorited Wedding Garter 28 Sep 03:19
- zavona r. favorited Wedding Garter 30 Jul 23:14
- Miss_Fit added Wedding Garter to Necklace Like Things 29 Mar 03:55
- Bridget F. favorited Wedding Garter 29 Jan 04:16
Cut your elastic to fit around your thigh (wherever you'll be wearing your garter). Subtract a few inches so that the garter will fit nice and snug.
Cut a strip of fabric that is 3 inches wide and double the length of your piece of elastic. Fold in half with right sides in and sew along the edge.
Turn the tube of fabric right sides out (I used tweezers). At this point, you'll want to add lace, ribbon, etc. to the tube- however you want to decorate it.
Use a safety pin to thread your elastic through the tube, making sure it stays flat. Sew together the ends, add some ribbon-y, button-y flair and whatnot, and you're all set!