Fresh Faced Makeup
This is one of my favourite Sunday masks to really nourish the skin with vitamins and antioxidants before the week ahead. It’s hydrating and rejuvenating if your skin is lacking lustre and looking run down.
Makes about 70ml/2¼ fl oz/scant ⅓ cup
Shelf life: use immediately
- SilverSnake S. favorited Watermelon & Avocado Super Hydrating Skin Mask 24 Aug 10:33
- Emma H. favorited Watermelon & Avocado Super Hydrating Skin Mask 13 Jun 14:20
- RareJewel favorited Watermelon & Avocado Super Hydrating Skin Mask 21 May 08:07
- Crafterella featured Watermelon & Avocado Super Hydrating Skin Mask 13 May 23:00
- Anova published her project Watermelon & Avocado Super Hydrating Skin Mask 09 May 09:00
Set a small glass bowl over a saucepan of gently simmering water. Add the honey and coconut oil. Warm them through until they become liquid – but don’t let them get too hot! Remove the bowl from the pan and leave them to cool, but not so that they re-solidify.
Slice the melon flesh away from the skin and cut it into small pieces. Place the melon pieces with the honey, coconut oil and the remaining ingredients in a food processor and blend until you have a smooth paste.
To use, run a facecloth under warm water, then wring it out so that it is just damp. Use it to wet your face all over. Then, use your fingers to scoop out a little of the mask at a time and apply to your skin evenly. Leave for 30–35 minutes, then rinse thoroughly with warm water and moisturize straightaway.