Rice pack and crochet heart cozy.
This is a Valentine's Day gift idea that is both beautiful and functional.
- Neko-San K. favorited Warm Hearts 31 May 20:43
- RainxFlower24 added Warm Hearts to Crochet 14 Jan 07:38
- Becca E. favorited Warm Hearts 14 Nov 05:57
- Bella Trix favorited Warm Hearts 05 Nov 13:30
- arina m. favorited Warm Hearts 07 Jan 23:12
- Lyndal W. favorited Warm Hearts 14 Nov 02:44
- kkirstyy added Warm Hearts to To do 30 Mar 13:16
On the left is 2 granny hearts (pattern linked) sewn together to create a cozy for the rice pack. I used a 6mm (US J) hook and cotton yarn to make the original pattern. I omitted the picot edging and just single crocheted the last round. I sewed the top half of the hearts together and left about 1.5" un-sewn on each side of the bottom point.
The rice pack is just cotton fabric circles sewn together and filled with rice (~75% filled).
Recipient can use this as a hot or cold pack. Place in the freezer in a plastic bag for use when a cool compress is needed. When heat relief is desired, place the pack in the microwave and heat in increments of 30 seconds until desired heat is achieved. Use the cozy if the temperature is too warm or cold.