A lovely, textured washcloth for any room of your house.
These washcloths are very soft and have a wonderful texture for softly exfoliating the face, hands and body. They're also great for cleaning the house or to use on the dishes. Makes a terrific holiday gift, especially when paired with a luxurious bar of soap and/or hand & body lotion.
*See attached PDF for full instructions*
- 102925_2F2014-06-30-133327-WannaWashie.pdf 2.89 MB [ Download ]
- Amalie added Wanna Washie Washcloth to Home 19 Feb 00:17
- Len favorited Wanna Washie Washcloth 12 Feb 23:22
- Moira A. favorited Wanna Washie Washcloth 19 Jan 08:35
- Chudames favorited Wanna Washie Washcloth 28 Sep 23:36
- ale_corason favorited Wanna Washie Washcloth 24 Sep 07:58
- Amalie favorited Wanna Washie Washcloth 23 Sep 17:55
- GinaHouse published her project Wanna Washie Washcloth 30 Jun 13:30
Cast on 38 stitches loosely.
Take care not to leave more than a 3-4” (7.6-10.2 cm) tail when casting on so that you will have enough yarn to make 2 washcloths (or 1 large one) out of the one skein of yarn.
1. Body of Washcloth:
Follow the Seed Stitch pattern until washcloth measures approximately 9” (22.9 cm) long. (With this gauge, it should be measuring 7.75” (19.7 cm) wide.)
Bind off all stitches (in pattern) loosely, leaving a 3-4” (7.6-10.2 cm) tail. Weave in all yarn ends. Make another washcloth using the same instructions with the remaining yarn.
Variations for Washcloth Size (using one skein of this yarn) -
Knit 1 LONG hand towel (7.75”/19.7 cm x 18”/45.7 cm)
Knit 1 SMALL face cloth (7.75”/19.7 cm x 8”/20.3 cm) and 1 MEDIUM hand towel (7.75”/19.7 cm x 10”/25.4 cm)
4. Other Yarns to Consider:
Hobby Lobby’s “I Love This Cotton!” or Knit Picks “Simply Cotton Worsted” or “Simply Cotton Organic”.