Virtuous Chocolate Cake by Timberyard, London
Made with a touch of whole wheat flour, fruit puree and heart friendly oil, it will amaze you. Made without eggs or butter (so it’s actually vegan) yet amazingly rich and delicious!
- SugarNSpiceLily added Virtuous Chocolate Cake to A Bite To Eat 26 Aug 23:59
- Leigh C. favorited Virtuous Chocolate Cake 21 Aug 05:00
- Ana favorited Virtuous Chocolate Cake 14 Aug 13:07
- Hester A. favorited Virtuous Chocolate Cake 11 Aug 21:28
- Pam ^_^ favorited Virtuous Chocolate Cake 11 Aug 17:10
- ElizabethJuddTaylor favorited Virtuous Chocolate Cake 09 Aug 14:49
- ale_corason favorited Virtuous Chocolate Cake 07 Aug 07:01
- Suzi T. favorited Virtuous Chocolate Cake 05 Aug 13:21
- A Bite To Eat published her project Virtuous Chocolate Cake 30 Jul 12:51
You Will Need
Preheat oven to 180 degrees C and prepare a 9 inch round sandwich tin or cake pan with 2-3 inch sides. Line with parchment or oil then lightly dust with flour.
Measure the plain flour, cocoa powder, sugar, whole wheat plain flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt into a large bowl and proceed to sift twice.
Measure out all the liquid ingredients: the water, apple puree, sunflower oil, vanilla and cider vinegar into a large measuring jug or bowl.
Gently fold in the liquid mixture into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
Scrape batter into prepared cake tin and bake until raised and set, and a cake tester comes out clean. Approximately 30 minutes.
Makes one layer cake to serve 8 people.
Garnish with fresh raspberries, a dusting of icing sugar and a drizzle of melted chocolate and/or chocolate shavings.
Can be doubled to make a double layer cake, filled with raspberry jam and garnished as above.