Yet another use for retired vinyls...
Bookends are extremely practical at times, but what a waste to buy them!
One of mine turned out a little wavy. I guess I kept it in the boiling water for too long, but I have also noticed that different records sometimes react differently to the heat (as if a variation in quality).
Anyway it just adds to the charm!
- Heidi C. favorited Vinyl Record Bookends 18 Aug 04:59
- Tupelohuney favorited Vinyl Record Bookends 30 Mar 03:00
- Tupelohuney added Vinyl Record Bookends to Vinyl 30 Mar 03:00
- Ray N. favorited Vinyl Record Bookends 04 Jun 22:51
- jessica w. added Vinyl Record Bookends to Records 28 Oct 01:50
- stick it and fix it added Vinyl Record Bookends to dfv 26 Sep 18:18
- dittosworld favorited Vinyl Record Bookends 21 Jun 17:02
- lala favorited Vinyl Record Bookends 22 Jan 21:48
- Mai added Vinyl Record Bookends to House Stuffs 20 Jan 00:38
- Mai favorited Vinyl Record Bookends 11 Jan 04:31
Heat the water to boiling temperature.
Dip half of the record in boiling water.
Only keep it in the water for a short moment or it will get messy.
Hurry! Using a wooden spatula bend the record on a straight surface.
If it doesn't turn out the way you would like it you can put it back in the water or even use the stove to heat it up again!