For brooches, dresses, rings, headbands - add vintage pretty to anything
These soft pink victoriana flowers can be added to anything. They're really quick and easy.
- joanne.greathead added Vintage Look Flowers to flowers 15 Sep 00:02
- Debbie V. added Vintage Look Flowers to Flowers 16 Feb 04:14
- Debbie V. favorited Vintage Look Flowers 16 Feb 04:14
- Rachael H. added Vintage Look Flowers to Flowers! 16 Dec 18:03
- Jessica B. favorited Vintage Look Flowers 10 Oct 05:08
- Lee S. favorited Vintage Look Flowers 09 Sep 02:03
- melissa r. favorited Vintage Look Flowers 23 Aug 03:08
- Deana V. added Vintage Look Flowers to Flowers in My Attic 22 Aug 23:22
- Marta S. favorited Vintage Look Flowers 13 Jun 11:47
- christine s. added Vintage Look Flowers to stof blomster 25 Mar 16:48
Cut equal sized circles of organza and satin. I traced around the inside of a bracelet. Don't worry if the circles are not perfect, these are very forgiving.
For each flower you will need 5 circles of each, and one small circle of felt.
You will get bits of organza everywhere so its a bit messy. If you are doing it with the cat on your knee as I was, have a lint brush handy so she doesn't have to get it out of her fur.
Place the organza circle over the satin circle.
You can choose whether you want the shiny side of the satin to be inside or outside the flower. Having the crepe (dull) side outside is more vintage looking.
In this picture the satin is facing up with the organza on top of it, so the satin will be inside the flower.
Cut a circle of felt about the size of a small coin. It's your base and won't be seen.
Sew the corner of the wedge to the felt circle. The point should be just slightly past the centre, so that your stitch is in the centre of the circle. Make sure that when you fold, the organza is right against the satin, so that when you sew through the point you sew through both layers.