On to the second one!
I wanted to make a second Victorian skirt, because owning one isn't enough!
I used two old pairs of curtains, and a simple a-line skirt pattern (I can't remember which one, but it was something like simplicity, anything that is basically two pieces sewn together in a a-line). I extended it to make it floor length, and used the top edging of the curtain to create a structured waist. I sewed it up the sides, added a zipper and it was done. Curtains are great for making old fashioned costumes because they are cheap (if you get them from a second hand store or your attic) and they give you the required structure.
I also decided to make a bit of a bustle for this one. I cut out a bit of fabric in the shape of a cape, that I could tie around my waist. I added a bit of boning to create a bustle effect, and nipped in the bottom and sides. This lays over the skirt, so it can be worn with, or without.
I'm wearing this skirt with the Victorian Bodice I made (https://www.cutoutandkeep.net/projects/victorian-bodice-the-second)
- Ashley D. favorited Victorian Skirt, The Second 22 Sep 09:43
- Emma H. favorited Victorian Skirt, The Second 08 May 21:25
- Markee R. commented on her project Victorian Skirt, The Second 08 May 09:30
- DeadGirl commented on Victorian Skirt, The Second 06 May 01:17
- DeadGirl favorited Victorian Skirt, The Second 06 May 01:13
- Markee R. published her project Victorian Skirt, The Second 01 May 21:14
Markee R. posted this project as a creation without steps
Here are some similar tutorials to help you make this one!