Vintage and old fashioned-looking
A christmas present for my sister, who wished for a vial-necklace. She also loves old fashioned and Harry Potter-ish things, so adding the scroll is a good fit.
- Key West Witch favorited Vial And Scroll Necklace 28 Sep 11:34
- kayleigh.kornaholic favorited Vial And Scroll Necklace 05 Sep 02:47
- Sandy B. added Vial And Scroll Necklace to jewelry Creations 26 Nov 14:36
- asia.pearce favorited Vial And Scroll Necklace 20 Jul 04:17
- Jessica S. favorited Vial And Scroll Necklace 22 Feb 06:16
- Kaitlynn L. favorited Vial And Scroll Necklace 25 Jan 02:51
- Robbin B. added Vial And Scroll Necklace to Jewelry Madhouse 13 Oct 10:37
- Christina F. favorited Vial And Scroll Necklace 27 Sep 08:25
- Conner W. favorited Vial And Scroll Necklace 12 Sep 20:12
- Sunny entered her project Vial And Scroll Necklace to Japan Crate 09 May 15:49
Decorate your vial! The possibilities here are endless, but I decided to decorate it with gold metallic wire. First (optionally), "double" the wire, so it will be easier to spot. Then just play around with it for a bit, to figure out how you wantyour design to look. I ended up with twirling the wire a coulpe of times around the neck of the vial, and then making spirals out of the ends. To make the wire stay in place and not spin around the bottle, glue it down with clear glue. (I added glue at the two spirals)
Now, make the tiny scroll to put inside vial. Use a scrap of white paper, on which you first brush on brown-ish ink from an inkpad. Then stamp on a pattern of cursive text using the same coloured inkpad. Repeat on the other side. I used Distress Ink, to create an aged look, but it is perfectly possible to use a regular ink pas as well. Let it dry.
Cut the piece of inked and stamped paper to your desired size. Measure the lenght between the vial's bottom and neck, and make sure that you cut the paper so that the height of the scroll is less than this (to make sure it actually fits). If you want it to look even more aged you can (carefully!) burn the edges of the paper, but make sure you don't burn too much.
Now, when you're finished decorating the piece of paper, roll it up into a scroll and tie/glue a small ribbon around it. I glued on a part of a gold ribbon.